Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for 21CL Events & Courses
In registering for a 21st Century Learning International event, the attendee agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions in total. Confirming a booking is taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions and it is the attendees responsibility to read and understand these before placing an order with 21st Century Learning, henceforth referred to as 21CL.
- All bookings are taken on these terms and conditions only.
- Applications are reviewed on a “first come, first served” basis, i.e. by received time and date.
- Bookings will be confirmed electronically via email.
- 21CL only provides those services as detailed on the event or course website
- Payment made to 21CL is for the event or course services only as described on the website
- All bookings must be made through the 2CLI online booking system, and all completed bookings are considered final.
- Organisations paying for events by bank transfer should ensure their institution name is clearly identified on the bank transfer document and this document should be sent by email to 21CL.
- All bookings must be paid for and in full seven days prior to the event. 21CL reserves the right to impose late fees immediately from the end of the event to all unpaid invoices regardless of invoice date.
- When a hotel booking is available as an option during the event or course registration process, then the attendee must make all arrangements exclusively via 21CL to secure the event rate.
- Any ‘extras’ charged to the room e.g. gratuities, drinks, room service, laundry etc. is the sole responsibility of the attendee and these must be settled with the hotel on check-out.
- Transport required to reach any other destination or venue is not included in the event or course fees unless explicitly stated in the event description
- 21CL accepts no responsibility of liability for the services provided by the hotel.
- Hotel rooms may sell out at the preferential event rate in which case 21CL will contact the attendee to discuss alternative options where available.
- 21CL does not guarantee the cheapest available rates.
- In the case where links are provided on the 21CL website to a recommended hotel(s), then the arrangement for accommodation and any other services is made directly between the attendee and the hotel and 21CL bears no responsibility for any aspect of this arrangement.
- Personal information provided as part of the registration process will be handled by 21CL in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Revised 2003.
- 21CL may pass names and any other relevant personal data to the venue to allow the venue to comply with reservation, safety and security policies and procedures
- 21CL may pass names and any other relevant personal data to partner organization and/or workshop/course leaders to allow for provision of event/course services.
- 21CL may publish an attendance list (consisting of attendees’ names and organisational details) which will be distributed to all attendees and exhibitors attending the event unless the attendee has specifically requested that he/she be omitted from this list. This notification must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org 10 days prior to the event starting.
- 21CL will use the e-mail address provided to acknowledge bookings electronically. 21CL will also use this email to provide information about future events. An unsubscribe feature is provided on all 21CL mailings.
- 21CL will make extensive use of digital photography and video recording to document the event and it is a condition of attending the event that the attendee agrees that 21CL may use images for publicity and promotion purposes. 21CL will only use images which present the attendee in a professional manner and appearance.
It is a condition of booking that the attendee will at all times abide by the 21CL Code of Conduct. Attendees breaching the 21CL code of conduct may be asked to leave the event and in this case, no refund will be payable.
- Attendees are not permitted to bring guests into any venue under any circumstances except with specific permission from 21CL.
- If a guest is authorised by 21CL then they must wear an official event badge provided by 2CLI at all times.
- Any person not wearing an official badge will be asked to leave the event.
- Tickets can be purchased for certain events, such as dinners and social occasions, and in this case, guests will be provided with an official badge for entry to that specific event
Seminars or Workshops Run within a Conference or Event
- All workshops and seminars are advertised in good faith but circumstances beyond our control may result in amendments or cancellations.
- Where spaces are limited all workshops and seminars are offered on a first come, first served basis. No guarantee is made for access to any specific workshop or presentation during the conference or event.
- 60 days before event commences is entitled to a 100% refund
- 45 days before event commences is entitled to a 50% refund
- 30 days before event commences is entitled to a 25% refund
- Within 30 days of the event of course commencement no refund shall be due.
Refunds are made in the form of credits which can be used to purchase other 21CL events and courses.
Payment credits can be transferred to colleagues in the same school at no cost.
To use payment credits simply register for an event or course and select invoice payment. Email email@example.com to notify that you want to use your payment credits (or credit from a colleague that has transferred their credit to you). We will adjust the invoice accordingly.
If an attendee wishes to change from one event or course to another this is permissible at any time prior to the start of the event or course subject to availability. This will incur a $50USD admin fee.
- 21CL and the host venue accept no responsibility or liability for the loss or damage to personal effects belonging to attendees or any permitted authorized guests.
- 21CL reserves the right to cancel the event or vary any part of the event at its discretion. If the event is canceled the maximum liability of 21CL is the return of any money paid by attendees to 21CL after non-refundable costs have been deducted (such as keynote speaker fees). There shall be no liability for variation made to the event proceedings. Where variations are to take place or there is to be cancellation, 21CL will endeavor to give as much notice as reasonably possible.
- 21CL will not be liable for any failure or delay in the delivery of the event which is caused by circumstances beyond its control. Circumstances could include, the failure of hosting venue or caters to deliver its services, Acts of God, industrial (Union) action, acts of terrorism, risk of infection from disease, anything liable to compromise public health, safety or civil disorder.
- Save for cases where its negligence causes death or personal injury, neither 21CL host venue jointly or individually accept any responsibility or liability for any illness, damage to property or personal injury caused to attendees or their guests or others while at the event venue or while staying in the Hotel. Event attendees should ensure they are suitably covered by personal insurance and especially those who are traveling to the event from overseas.
- All speakers at the event are attending on their own behalf and 21CL is not liable for anything they say or do.
- Under no circumstances will 2CLI be liable for any travel or accommodation costs if the event has to be canceled for any reason. Attendees should ensure they always book refundable flights and hotel rooms
- These conditions are the entire conditions between the parties relating to the event and supersede all other understandings.
- No temporary forbearance shall constitute a waiver.
- No third party may rely upon these conditions.
- The applicable law shall be Hong Kong law and the Hong Kong Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.